Mingyur Rinpoche: how to find the Joy of Living, embodying Awareness, Love, Compassion and Wisdom, and becoming free from fear, panic and anxiety - Disrupt Everything #211
Manage episode 339583541 series 2464345
"We all have wisdom" - Mingyur Rinpoche
Isra García interviews world-renowned Tibetan Buddhist leader and meditation teacher Mingyur Rinpoche. Also known for authoring three New York Times best-seller, The Joy of Living: Unlocking the Secret and Science of Happiness, Joyful Wisdom: Embracing Change and Finding Freedom and In Love with the World. He is also the headmaster and spiritual leader at the Tergar Community, an international network of Buddhist meditation centres. Mingyur integrates Tibetan meditation with the current scientific understanding of the mind and mental health.
"Don't control too much, fin the balance"
In this rich and profound but brief conversation, Mingyur Rinpoche and Isra explore a vast range of topics; from getting the best meditation, awareness and finding joy to his take on psychedelics, winning over anxiety, panic and fear and how to practice compassion and love for getting the most out of from our lives.
"Don't fight the monkey mind"
"Make yourself a friend with everything" - Mingyur Rinpoche
Interview main topics (and index)
- The most prominent Turning points in Rinpoche's life
- How has Mingyur learned to transform the panic and anxiety attacks he had when he was a child through meditation
- What would Mingyur say to any child that is facing any kind of fear, anxiety or bullying, and also what to say to their parents
- How to be truly happy in today's world, the (secret) recipe
- What Mingyur Rinpoche found out after 10 years of solitary meditation.
- What happened when Mingyur Rinpoche decided to leave his monastery to wander through India, and the experiences that touched him deeply?
- Mingyur's meditation journey so far - how his practice has evolved over time.
- Rinpoche's take on psychedelics and meditation.
- Mingyur Rinpoche's daily routine - habits that stand out or excel from the rest
- The three persons, dead or alive, have influenced him the most, why and how.
- Three great teachings from three masters he has learned from.
- What is s the practice that has proven most essential for Rinpoche?
- The suffering he did find while training as a monk was most difficult to endure.
- About mystical experiences.
- The joy of living in 2022 and how we can find it.
- Meditation, Science, psychology, physics and neurology.
- Where to start when Mingyur starts teaching meditation to someone that has not practised before and wants them to make a giant leap in their awareness?
- The one single mistake advanced meditations keep on repeating over and over.
- Practising compassion daily and how we can introduce it in our daily lives.
- Effective for westerners.
- A meditation practice for busy or impatient persons.
- Rinpoche's take on love.
- Recommendations for people who have derailed from their path of self-discovery and need to find their way back.
- Self-talk to employ when potentially inappropriate anger o hatred begins to surface.
- Learnings about writing the New York Times Bestseller The joy of living.
- Critical points to take into account from his book Joyful Wisdom.
- Where and how did Mingyur Rinpoche find harmony?
- He uses teachings or techniques when helping others cope with often tricky and harmful experiences.
- Rinpoche shares a story that significantly impacted him when he heard it for the first time.
- Something that is challenging him at this moment.
- A skill practice he has found significantly rewarding besides meditation.
- Three books have changed Mingyur Rinpoche's life.
- His biggest takeaway on life so far.
- Final message
"If you remember your breath, you are here"
Podcast show notes
- The joy of Living Online training.
- La Alegría de Vivir Available in Spanish.
- Tergar Community.
- Rinpoche Europe tour.
- Rinpoche Youtube channel.
- Rinpoche Instagram account.
"Believe in your goodness" - Mingyur Rinpoche