Dennis McKenna on the science of psychedelics, ethnopharmacology and inner wisdom - Disrupt Everything #171
Manage episode 294637678 series 2464345
"Ayahuasca has been my greatest teacher" - Dennis McKenna.
Interviewing the sage and visionary Dennis McKenna about his life experience on psychedelics, ethnopharmacology, healing mental illness, ethnobotanical findings, plant medicine, ayahuasca as the great teacher, the owner of psilocybin, exploring the Amazonas with Terence McKenna, advice on set and setting and personal recommendations for a good living. It's an interview divided into three parts... First, Dell Jolly from Unlimited Sciences, second the first conversation I had with Dennis in November. Third, in the last part of our conversation, held in n January, I'm joined by the PRO athlete and biohacker Luis Enrique Palomares. So we finished the interview, that we had to postpone the interview halfway due to an emergency.
"Psychedelics have the potential to revolutionize mental health."
As I mentioned above, before interviewing Dennis McKenna for the intro, I asked Del Jolly from Unlimited Sciences, collective psychedelic research, to give us more background information about the impact of psychedelics and psilocybin on society, mental illness and PTSD why it's important the work they are doing.
"I don't worry too much about life because life is tough anyway"
"We need to bridge the ceremonial and the medicinal" - Dennis McKenna
Index of contents
- Life milestones.
- Highlights from exploring the Amazonas with his brother Terence.
- The most natural and healthy hallucinogens.
- Human consciousness and evolution.
- The journey and story with Ayahuasca.
- First psychedelic experience.
- Thoughts on ethnopharmacology and big takeaways.
- Essential lessons.
- Other medicinal plants.
- The McKenna Academy.
- The most insane journey.
- A formula for a good living.
- Contemplative techniques.
- Dennis morning routine.
- About set and setting, ceremonies and psychedelic experiences.
- Recommended books.
- Advice for psychedelic newbies.
- Advice to experienced psychonauts.
"You have to acknowledge what little we know"
Podcast show notes