Manage episode 292532404 series 2868146
- How Ben took over Take Two [1:42]
- How digital distribution and publishing changed gaming [8:36]
- What is a next generation publisher? [13:51]
- Can publishers add value as tastemakers? [17:36]
- How do you make sure studios ship on time? And in the era of persistent game worlds, does it matter? [22:01]
- Lessons learned from Take Two [27:27]
- Taking the long view of the creative process — "Every overnight success was ten years in the making." [30:53]
- Is there a successful game that surprised Ben? [37:08]
- What's the next big gaming platform? [46:07]
- Where will subscription models lead? [52:06]
- Sabbaticals and life advice [56:50]
Join a16z partners and special guests from the gaming industry for discussions on games, game development, online communities, esports, AR/VR, and everything in between. Wednesdays at 5pm PT.
For more a16z Clubhouse shows, follow the a16z Club on Clubhouse or visit www.a16z.com/clubhouse.