Manage episode 318175396 series 3294546
UNH Environmental Sustainability & Conservation student, Emily Thompson ’21, follows HB 172 establishing greenhouse gas emission reduction goals for the state and establishing a climate action plan. Emily interviews Clay Mitchell (UNH Department of Natural Resources & the Environment) Chris Skoglund (NH’s Department of Environmental Services) to gain some perspective on the feasibility of reaching net zero greenhouse gas emissions in New Hampshire by 2050.
- HB 172: http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/billinfo.aspx?id=128&inflect=2
- SB 721: http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/results.aspx?adv=2&txtbillno=sb71
- Energy consumption in New Hampshire: https://www.eia.gov/state/?sid=NH#tabs-1
- Information on understanding energy grids: https://www.energy.gov/articles/infographic-understanding-grid
- Information on how solar panels work: https://solect.com/the-science-of-solar-how-solar-panels-work/
- NHPR podcast on Offshore Wind: https://www.nhpr.org/environment/2021-07-17/windfall-the-transition-to-a-renewable-economy