Manage episode 289325208 series 2707970
The public library is undoubtedly a civic space and school libraries are essential to the K12 learning journey. But how have libraries and the role of the librarian evolved to meet the needs of our students during COVID-19?
We sat down with Dr. Corey Hall - curriculum Developer, Librarian, former middle school teacher, and 2019 American Library Association Emerging Leader - to learn more about these unsung heroes and how their work to inspire a love for reading, connects the school community in some very important ways.
Follow Corey Hall, Ph.D. on Social Media:
It’s more than books! Check out these resources:
- STEM Education Works Catalog: https://stemeducationworks.com/catalog/#p=1
- Makerspaces in Libraries: http://www.ala.org/pla/resources/tools/technology/makerspaces
- Makerspaces/Learning Commons: https://knowledgequest.aasl.org/category/blogs/maker/
- Developing Inclusive Learners and Citizens: Activity Guide and Framework https://standards.aasl.org/project/inclusive/
- 2020 State of America’s Libraries Report: http://www.ala.org/news/sites/ala.org.news/files/content/State-of-Americas-Libraries-2020-web.pdf
STEM Education Works Resources:
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter: https://bit.ly/LetsK12BetterMail!
*Love our podcast? Rate. Review. Share!