Manage episode 296669034 series 2464345
"Learn to live a life like there was no choice, that's freedom" - Shi Heng Yi.
Interview (in English with a summary of each question in Spanish) with Shaolin Master Shi Heng Yi about self-mastery, life-mastery, self-discipline, freedom, Shaolin virtues, building a strong spirit, unstoppable attitude, love, compassion, forgiveness, and enjoy life as it is. It's a conversation about improving your character, creating the best version of yourself, connecting as one and becoming one with everything.
"If you want to change the world, change yourself first"
Shi Heng Yi belongs to the 35th Generation of Shaolin Masters and is the headmaster of the Shaolin Temple Europe 歐洲少林寺 located in Germany. He focuses on training methods to develop unity of body and mind, merging internal and external power.
"Keep a mirror in front and watch yourself" - Shi Heng Yi.
This is the second time I interview Master Shi Heng Yi for the podcast. So it was possible after finishing the Monastery on Time program in the Shaolin Temple, we dived deep into self-mastery and life-mastery, finding a more human and wise "Shifu".
"Great people are expressing a great spirit, a powerful spirit"
"Every human is in a different state of need"
Index of contents
- The no-structure within the structure.
- The benefits of living under the external structure.
- Does self-discipline lead to freedom?
- Important lessons of teaching Shaolin Arts.
- The importance of the Shaolin Virtues.
- Self-mastery and self-control.
- Love, compassion, forgiveness - qualities from the heart.
- Live advice to those who want to stand out.
"The main part is the doing part"
- First interview to Shi Heng Yi.
- Shi Heng Yi's website.
- Shaolin Temple Europe's website.
- First experience in the temple.
- Monastery on Time.
"Realize where you are standing and accept it for yourself" - Shi Heng Yi.