Manage episode 288716880 series 2464345
"In my first year of school, when I was 17, I went into drugs, and I got seriously damaged" - Jules Evans.
Interviewing Jules Evans on Stoicism, modern philosophy, psychedelics, beliefs reprogramming, altered states of consciousness, mysticism and the ecstatic, life lessons, fighting depression, dealing with anxiety and stress, self-reliance, self-mastery and lifestyle design. Jules Evans: writer, speaker, and practical philosopher interested in ideas and practices that help beings suffer less and flourish more.
"What was causing my pain and anxiety was the belief that I was broke"
"Cognitive therapy and stoic beliefs helped me to reprogram my beliefs" - Jules Evans.
Index of contents
- Top milestones.
- How to reprogram your beliefs.
- Copying with adversity, stress and anxiety.
- The most important lessons of Jules Evans' books.
- Psychedelics shaped my life.
- The ecstatic.
- Rapid-fire questions.
- Final message.
"Push back to your automatic fears"
- Philosophy for life website.
- Modern Stoicism and Stoic Week project.
- Philosophy for Life and Other Dangerous Situations.
- The Art of Losing Control.
- Holiday From the Self.
- Breaking Open.
- "How Philosophy saved my life" - TEDx talk.
- Spanish Psilocybin platform.
"Stoicism is very good to manage what you are feeling inside of you" - Jules Evans.