Manage episode 290362476 series 2868146
On this episode of Boss Talk:
- How do the best product marketers see and explain a trend?
- How much is the best marketing truth vs. spin?
- Does the marketing function create the strategy or execute on it?
- What are the core skills and competencies of a great product marketer — and how do you find, or train, product marketers?
- Should you create a category, or try to capture an existing category?
- What is the minimum viable audience ?
- What's the role of open source in getting a minimum viable audience?
- How should an open source company handle DevRel, licensing, and big cloud competitors?
Boss Talk is the Clubhouse show where a16z cofounder Ben Horowitz and Ali Ghodsi, the Founder/CEO of Databricks, discuss CEO stuff, leadership stuff, management stuff... boss stuff. Live every Tuesday 5-6pm on Clubhouse.